Collective Defense of Territory
This areas is the oldest and has as an objective to promote the integrity of the territory and the self determination of the indigenous communities about it. We understand the territory as the base of life in the communities, composed of water, soil, air, flora, fauna and some tradtitions for example in agriculture (the milpa).
- Accompany processes of conservation and care for the natural resources of the comunities, promoting the management of waste.
- Facilitating the comunitarian, regional and national process of territorial defense.
- Offer legal advice to the comunitarian problems related to the territorio.
- Give educate and train in the topics of: Land, territory, resources, legislation and the ones that emerge necesary in the process.
- Promote the organizational process of authorities and communities.
- Elaborate materials of difusion about collective rights of the indigenous people.
- Contribute to the construction of solutions in intercomunitarian conflicts.
This area has as objective the advance in the construction of equative gender relations through the recognition of women’s rights, the construction of spaces where the practice of their individual and colective rights are promoted and the promotion of the women’s participation in comunitarian places of decision making.
We work for the promotion of the participation of the indigenous women in all the parts of life, with the full recognition of their right. This implicates to work starting from the personal, the daily life, as well of the people as of the institutions and their projects. The development of this work is done by using the traditional spaces of participation, the existing rights and the indigenous cosmovision as starting points to construct the human right of the women based on their own cultures.
The functions of this area are:
- Promotion and defense of the women’s and colective rights at the interior of the organization and in the comunities where we work.
- Promote together with the women the recognition of their rights and their participation in the comunitarian places of decision making.
- Construct local spaces and link regional spaces for the exchange of experience, self awareness and care and political training of the women to construct egalitarian relations and to fortifiy the defense of their rights.
- Make aliances between the bases with which Tequio Juridico works and organizations o spaces that share the same position or objective.
- In case of legal advice, listen to the problem, analize the posible solutions and direct women that suffer violence to instances or organizations that offer profesional, reliable and serios attention.
- Accompany processes of self management and colective proyects of women for the practice of their individual and colective rights.
Self-governance and Communitarian Participation
The objective of this area is to accompany the construction of self-governance of the peoples with which Tequio Jurídico works; through the respect for the juridical pluralism, the political education of women and men, the promotion of the creation of new social subjects at the interior of the comunities and the training and accompainment of the local authorities.
The base of this work is the recognition of the comunitarian pillars: the tequio (a form of comunitarian work that is obligatory, unpaid and for the common good), the comunitarian festivities, the assembly, the system of posts or responsibilities, the historic memory and the comunal ownership of the land.
Administration and Good Management
This area is responsible for the administration and the management of proyects and
- Proposes and manages the proyects, based on the incomes and the decisions of the assembly.
- Monitors the execution of the proyects.
- Realizes the good handling of economic resources, goods and inventory.
- It is responsible for the elaboration of the accountability of the organization.